== C: Contact ==
* Please state the (unique and identical where possible) nick you use on IRC and any other communication channel related to Octave. ''We want unique nicks. You might want to bold it.''
**Akshit0201** Octave: **The Brainiac **
* Which time zone do you live in? Will that change over GSoC duration? ''Perhaps DST adjustment or a relocation. Note that both UTC and GMT are not aware of daylight saving time! Please state UTC+x or -x.''
I live in UTC+5:30, this summer I'll be in UTC+4.
* Please describe your experience with C++, Octave or Matlab m-scripts, OpenGL and Qt.
I've been coding in C++ for the past 4 years. I was introduced to the Standard Template Library last year and have been using that ever since. C++ was also the first language that I learned and I code in it almost every day.
Octave was the second language and I've created thousands of m-scripts. I love modular programming and create a separate m-script for every function that I use. I've implemented many Machine Learning algorithms in Octave like Neural Networks (for object recognition), K-Means (for optimizing), SVM's(for classification) and more.
My experience in OpenGL is limited to my programming lab assignments in which I had to create basic shapes using OpenGL. I've no experience in Qt
* Please describe your experience with other programming languages.
* Please describe your experience with being in a development team. ''Do you have experience working with open source or free projects?''
* Please describe the biggest project you have written code for and what you learned by doing so. Also, describe your role in that project over time.
* Please state the commits and patches you already contributed to Octave. ''This question (one of the most important parts by the way) is the only part of your application our wiki admins will edit for you even after the application deadline. Code sometimes speaks louder than many words do.''
* Please describe (in short) your experience with the following tools: ''We only use this question to determine where you need guidance, not for rating! We by no means expect you to be familiar with all of these and you won't necessarily need all of them while working with us.''
** IRC and mailing lists
** Mercurial or other source code management systems
** Mediawiki or other wiki software
** make, gcc, gdb or other development tools
* What will make you actively stay in our community after this GSoC is over? ''You can also tell us after applications close and we'll happily try to fulfill :-)''
== O: Only out of interest ==
* Did you ever hear about Octave before?
== P: Prerequisites ==
* Please state the operating system you work with.
* Please estimate an average time per day you will be able to access
** an internet connection
** a computer
** a computer with your progressing work on
* Please describe the degree to which you can install new software on computers you have access to.
== S: Self-assessment ==
* Please describe how useful criticism looks from your point of view as committing student.
* How autonomous are you when developing:
** Do you like to discuss changes intensively and not start coding until you know what you want to do?
** Do you like to code a proof of concept to 'see how it turns out', modifying that and taking the risk of having work thrown away if it doesn't match what the project or original proponent had in mind?
== Y: Your task ==