Jump to navigation Jump to search
A: An introduction
- I am pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from National Institute of Technology Hamirpur.I love to solve and study problems.I also like sleeping a lot.
- I can speak English and Hindi
- Computer Science , Machine Learning
- I am a beginner in this open source development. I want to learn how can I contribute in Open Source projects . GSOC because it is in summer when I am free from regular academic studies.Its a great chance to learn and earn.
- Very simple reason I have been using octave for about six months and i feel its GUI is a big project. I want to be a part of its development in making it better and unique.
- 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM
E: Coding experience
- I am actively coding in C++ since last 1.5 years.I mostly use C++ in competitive programming and I have worked on SYSTEMC based project which is a set of C++ libraries for simulation .I have been using octave for the last six months I used it for my machine learning course in Course era and now I am using it in learning Digital Image Processing. I am relatively new to Qt but still I am feeling very comfortable learning it.
- I have worked on python based projects.Django Web framework being one of them
- No I don't have any contribution to openource projects as I have written before I am new to it.
- I have created a BLOOD DATABASE PORTAL based on Python and I got to learn about the development cycle of projects, and its maintenance. It was a solo project so I was the only developer.
- Working on it PATCHES :-)
F: Feeling fine
- My experiences with tools
- IRC and mailing lists: Very familiar. I have been using for years.
- Very familiar with SVC.Used GIT but new to mercurial
- Very familiar.Contributed to college wiki
- Very familiar with gcc gdb and make. Using them since 2.5 years.
- yes of-course after all I am a user of OCTAVE I will participate in its development even after GSOC.
O: Only out of interest
- I was introduced to OCTAVE in JUNE 2014 through Machine Learning Course at Course era
- What was the first question concerning Octave you could not find an answer to rather quickly? Of course more than one question can be stated. We try to improve based on this each year! Includes learning how to use it, code, website, GSoC application, …
- Fedora 21 workstation
- Avg access time
- an internet connection : 24 hrs
- a computer : 24 hrs
- a computer with your progressing work on : 24 hrs
- I am a root user.
- Criticism leads to development.I must say because I used to criticise Octave not having GUI but now it has lead to its development.
- Yes, definitely
- no I like coding only after analysis.
Y: Your task
- Did you select a task from our list of proposals and ideas?
- If yes, what task did you choose? Please describe what part of it you especially want to focus on if you can already provide this information. Please also wiki-link the page for your elaborated proposal here.
- If you apply for a task you have added yourself instead, please describe this task, its scope and people you already talked to concerning it. What field of tasks did you miss on the list?
- Please provide a rough estimated timeline for your work on the task. This should include the GSoC midterms and personal commitments like exams or vacation ("non-coding time"). Optionally include two or three milestones you expect.