A: An introduction
I am an electronics and communication engineering student, live in Cairo, Egypt and intersted in signal processing
- Which languages do you speak? English and Arabic
- What's your overall background? Digital Signal Processing
- Why do you want to participate in the Google Summer of Code? What do you hope to gain by doing so?
I want to explore the field of computational mathematics to help students and researcher to ease their daily tasks, I have no experience on Gsoc, am Electronics and Communication Engineering Student
- Why are you choosing Octave?
Octave is an open source project can help a lot of students around the globe unless high paid products
nick name: Hamied Time Zone: GMT+2 I usually code around 9:00 to 18:00
E: Coding experience
This part is one of the more important ones in your application. You are allowed to be as verbose as you want, as long as you stay on topic ;-)
- Please describe your experience with C++, Octave or Matlab m-scripts, OpenGL and Qt.
I have little experience in Octave using signals package in the project and I have moderate experience in OOP in C++
- Please describe your experience with other programming languages.
I am good at python and ipython
- Please describe your experience with being in a development team. Do you have experience working with open source or free projects?
I have no experience in open source project mostly solo projects
- Please describe the biggest project you have written code for and what you learned by doing so. Also, describe your role in that project over time.
My Biggest was a school system console C++ app handles string input that contains all users data (their courses and halls Exams,...etc) I learned string preprocessing and handling different streams
F: Feeling fine
- Please describe (in short) your experience with the following tools: We only use this question to determine where you need guidance, not for rating! We by no means expect you to be familiar with all of these and you'll won't necessarily need them while working with us.
- IRC and mailing lists no
- Mercurial or other source code management systems no
- Mediawiki or other wiki software no
- make, gcc, gdb or other development tools I have moderate experience
O: Only out of interest
- Did you ever hear about Octave before? Yes, I heard about it when I was in prep year in the school of engineering
- Please state the operating system you work with.
I am uisng Ubunt 18
- Please estimate an average time per day you will be able to access
I can be avialable 4 days a week
- an internet connection
My own Wifi
- a computer
My Own NoteBook Hp PAvilion
- a computer with your progressing work on
My Own NoteBook Hp PAvilion
- Please describe the degree to which you can install new software on computers you have access to.
I am a perfect user of ubuntu and already using a lot of softwares on it
- Please describe how useful criticism looks from your point of view as committing student.
- How autonomous are you when developing:
I am not autonomous when i am coding but i will work on improving my skills through the project
- Do you like to discuss changes intensively and not start coding until you know what you want to do?
I take a long time to write the plan and imagine the over all picture to solve the problem then start coding
- Do you like to code a proof of concept to
'see how it turns out', modifying that and taking the risk of having work thrown away if it doesn't match what the project or original proponent had in mind? Yes I like proofs
Y: Your task
- Did you select a task from our list of proposals and ideas?
I intersted in OCS package
- If yes, what task did you choose? Please describe what part of it you especially want to focus on if you can already provide this information. Please also wiki-link the page for your elaborated proposal here.
- Please provide a rough estimated timeline for your work on the task. This should include the GSoC midterms and personal commitments like exams or vacation ("non-coding time"). If possible, include two or three milestones you expect.