* ''Please describe your experience with C++, Octave or Matlab m-scripts, OpenGL and Qt.''
've been coding in C/C++ since I was in high school and I keep writing C++ code every day. As an example, during the last term of my Bachelor's degree I developed a machine learning toolkit paring with some of my classmates. I was in charge of writing the implementation of Support Vector Machine using Gaussian kernel, a Genetic Algorithm with some self-created mutation operators, the k-Means clustering algorithm and a cross-validation method. Then, I used this toolkit to create a broker bot that could predict movements in the stock market.
Regarding Octave/Matlab, as I said before I
've been using m-scripts for 6 years now and my Bachelor's thesis was written solely in this tool. This principally consisted on writing preprocessing functions for treating medical signals and then implementing the Particle Swarm Optimization algorithm to optimise the training set used for a machine learning model. I have also used it to execute simple filters over images. Nowadays I keep using it as a prototyping environment. Finally, I once took a 4-hours-course at college to learn about OpenGL but I don't have further experience with it nor Qt.
* ''Please describe your experience with other programming languages.''
* ''Please describe your experience with being in a development team.''
* Please describe the biggest project you have written code for and what you learned by doing so. Also describe your role in that project over time.
* Please state the commits and patches you already contributed to Octave. ''This question (one of the most important parts by the way) is the only part of your application our wiki admins will edit for you even after the application deadline. Code sometimes speaks louder than many words do.''