Jump to navigation
Jump to search
Newer edit →
Debug plotting issues
Revision as of 19:12, 15 June 2014
2,011 bytes added
19:12, 15 June 2014
'''THIS PAGE IS A STUB'''
This page should help with debugging plotting and printing issues and to collect important information which should be included into [https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave bugreports] or when asking on the [https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-octave mailinglist].
== Basics ==
* '''Octave version:''' Execute 'ver' in Octave and copy it verbatim. If you are on Windows mention which build (MinGW, Cygwin, MXE, Visual Studio see http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Microsoft_Windows) and where did you get it?
* '''Operating system:'''
** Windows: Is it XP 32bit or 64bit? Windows 7 or 8?
** GNU/Linux: Have you installed Octave using your package system (apt-get, yum..) or via tarball?
* If you get a warning on startup, for example "warning: function xyz.m shadows a built-in function" please copy it verbatim
* '''If you get an error message, please copy the message verbatim'''
== I can't plot or print or the output doesn't look as expected ==
Please create a simple, as small as possible example which shows the problem so others can reproduce the problem
on their system and help you. Upload a screenshot (together with the script) if you can't describe it with words.
* Which toolkit are you using? Execute 'graphics_toolkit' in octave to query it. Common toolkits are 'fltk' or 'gnuplot'. Consider switching to another available toolkit (see available_graphics_toolkits) and try it there. You have to execute (for exmaple sitch to gnuplot) 'graphics_toolkit gnuplot' before any plotting command.
* Which Ghostscript version? 32 or 64bit build? If 64bit under Windows see http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Microsoft_Windows#Printing_.28installing_Ghostscript.29
=== printing with gnuplot ===
and attach the generated octave-print-commands.log and debug message.
=== printing with fltk ===
A common problem is that printing with fltk only works if the figure is visible, see [http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?33180]
Retrieved from "
Not logged in
🏠 GNU Octave Wiki
📝 Contributed Code