Jump to navigation
Jump to search
Revision as of 03:30, 26 February 2020
4,437 bytes added
Created page with "== A: An introduction == * I am Prateek Bhardwaj and I live in India. I am currently pursuing my Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Indian Institute of..."
== A: An introduction ==
* I am Prateek Bhardwaj and I live in India. I am currently pursuing my Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Indian Institute of Information Technology, Una. I am currently in my first year of college as in 2020.
** My mother tongue is Hindi and I am also fluent in English. I am currently learning to speak French.
** I am currently in the middle of learning about Machine Learning/ Artificial Intelligence. Also, I have some experience in or knowledge about other computer science fields.
* I want to participate in Google Summer of Code so that I can improve my programming skills, gain experience in open source projects and to learn working in a team.
** I am trying to enter GSoC for the first time here.
* The reason I chose Octave is that Octave is because I have experience in using it and have also learnt Machine Learning on Octave only.
== C: Contact ==
* You can find me on the #octave IRC at <b>prateek-ml</b>
* I live in the timezone GMT +5:30
* I usually code arund 15.00 to 18.00 and can start earlier too.
== E: Coding experience ==
This part is one of the more important ones in your application. You are allowed to be as verbose as you want, as long as you stay on topic ;-)
* Please describe your experience with C++, Octave or Matlab m-scripts, OpenGL and Qt.
* Please describe your experience with other programming languages.
* Please describe your experience with being in a development team. ''Do you have experience working with open source or free projects?''
* Please describe the biggest project you have written code for and what you learned by doing so. Also, describe your role in that project over time.
* Please state the commits and patches you already contributed to Octave. ''This question (one of the most important parts by the way) is the only part of your application our wiki admins will edit for you even after the application deadline. Code sometimes speaks louder than many words do.''
== F: Feeling fine ==
* Please describe (in short) your experience with the following tools: ''We only use this question to determine where you need guidance, not for rating! We by no means expect you to be familiar with all of these and you won't necessarily need all of them while working with us.''
** IRC and mailing lists
** Mercurial or other source code management systems
** Mediawiki or other wiki software
** make, gcc, gdb or other development tools
* What will make you actively stay in our community after this GSoC is over? ''You can also tell us after applications close and we'll happily try to fulfill :-)''
== O: Only out of interest ==
* Did you ever hear about Octave before?
** If so, when and where? How far have you been involved already?
** If not, where would you expect or advise us to do advertising?
* What was the first question concerning Octave you could not find an answer to rather quickly? ''Of course more than one question can be stated. We try to improve based on this each year! Includes learning how to use it, code, website, GSoC application, …''
== P: Prerequisites ==
* Please state the operating system you work with.
* Please estimate an average time per day you will be able to access
** an internet connection
** a computer
** a computer with your progressing work on
* Please describe the degree to which you can install new software on computers you have access to.
== S: Self-assessment ==
* Please describe how useful criticism looks from your point of view as committing student.
* How autonomous are you when developing:
** Do you like to discuss changes intensively and not start coding until you know what you want to do?
** Do you like to code a proof of concept to 'see how it turns out', modifying that and taking the risk of having work thrown away if it doesn't match what the project or original proponent had in mind?
== Y: Your task ==
* Did you select a task from our list of proposals and ideas?
** If yes, what task did you choose? Please describe what part of it you especially want to focus on if you can already provide this information. ''Please also wiki-link the page for your elaborated proposal here.''
* Please provide a rough estimated timeline for your work on the task. ''This should include the GSoC midterms and personal commitments like exams or vacation ("non-coding time"). If possible, include two or three milestones you expect.''
[[Category: Summer of Code]]
Retrieved from "
Not logged in
View user groups