A: An introduction
- Please describe yourself in three sentences, one of them regarding your current studies.
My name is Xie Rui. I am an undergraduate in Tsinghua University, Beijing, China. I am hard-working and have a strong desire to finish my work completely.
- Which languages do you speak?
I speak Chinese (native), Engilsh and a little German.
- What's your overall background?
Electrical Engineering and Automation. Mathematics and Applied Mathematics.
- Why do you want to participate in the Google Summer of Code? What do you hope to gain by doing so?
Because it is a good opportunity to gain a experience about a real project, improve my skills, and learn to work with other developers. I think contributing to an open source software is a cool thing to do. After all, I always enjoy coding.
- Please also describe your previous experience with the GSoC, if any.
I have no previous experience with the GSoC.
- Why are you choosing Octave?
First, Octave is a useful tool for students like me. I will be very happy if I can do something for it and make it better. Second, I like mathematics and I am skilled in this. I have the ability to handle the project which requires mathematical knowledge. Third, I have been using matlab for two years. I am good at m-file coding.