A: An introduction
- I’m a passionate, optimistic & dedicated man who loves coding and takes up responsibilities with utmost enthusiasm and see to it that I complete my tasks and assignments in time.I’ve a great amount of perseverance to achieve my goal. My optimistic and planned approach in things I do is what driving me towards my success.
- I can speak fluently English , Hindi.
- I am a third year student in Electronics and Communications and my main area of research is image processing. However, I have completed courses in Digital Image Processing and currently doing Computer Vision.
- I like to code and I want to contribute to the open source community that produces most of the software tools that I use.
- Octave is one of the most powerful tool and full of mathematics and coding.It is field of my interests,this kind of platform is a very god opportunity for me to be a part of it.
- My nick on IRC of OCTAVE is vaibhav1809.
- My time zone is UTC + 5:30. I live in India.
- I usually code between 12.30 to 20.30 UTC and I start at 8.00 UTC during weekends and few days.
E: Coding experience
- I have 2 plus years of experience in C++ and Octave or Matlab code. I mainly write programs for my Academics and research projects.My main project is Image Stegnography in MATLAB in which i have to hide my message signal in a video using algorithm and make my video noise prone and secure.
- In this project , i had implemented two algorithm for hiding data by writting MATLAB script file.
Along with C++ I have also worked on C, Python, Java, PHP and a little bit RoR.
- I have worked on many projects in team and there is a huge advantage of being in a development team, I gained knowledge from other person that how problem could be solved more efficiently, bug solving takes much less time, meet new people and most important less work load on an individual.
F: Feeling fine
- I am fine with IRC and Mailing lists .
- I am fine with Mercurial. I have installed it in my Ubuntu system and its working well.
- I am familiar with MediaWiki and I am comfortable using it and i have installed Mediawiki also on my computer.
- I had a little difficulty with the compilers at first, but after getting help from IRC channel, I was able to resolve all the dependency errors that were halting my build.
- A proper guide for beginners is what I would like to have. I will be happy to help create it. I find the community exciting and I will contribute whenever I can to the Octave Community even after GSoC.
O: Only out of interest
- I think we should make people more aware about octave and make people so much aware that people will prefer octave before MATLAB.
- I work with Ubuntu and Windows 8. I run a VM with Ubuntu inside windows 8.
- I have administrator access to the system.
- I will be able to access
- internet for 24 hours a day.
- a computer for 24 hours a day.
- a computer my progressing work for 24 hours a day.
- I am the owner of the computer and I can install any software which is supported by my operating system.
- I always view constructive criticism as a positive sign towards better development of a project. I respect opinions and if the criticism contains useful facts, I will always be happy to incorporate them.
Y: Your task
- I would like to work on "Incomplete Sparse Factorization ichol , ilu."
Octave still lacks of an incomplete Cholesky and LU factorization for sparse matrices. These functions are available in Matlab as ichol and ilu. Incomplete factorizations are useful as preconditioners for iterative solvers such as gmres or pcg.