A: An introduction
- Please describe yourself in three sentences, one of them regarding your current studies.
I am Xie Rui in Tsinghua University, China. I am interested in the project "Improve iterative methods for sparse linear systems". I am hard-working and have a strong desire to finish my work completely.
- Which languages do you speak?
I speak Chinese, Engilsh and a little German.
- What's your overall background?
I major in both electrical engineering and mathematics.
- Why do you want to participate in the Google Summer of Code? What do you hope to gain by doing so?
Because I think it is a good opportunity to test my knowledge and ability of coding, gain a experience about a big project, and improve my skills. In addition, I think it is cool and helpful to contribute to an open source software like Octave, and the Google Summer of Code gives me this opportunity.
- Please also describe your previous experience with the GSoC, if any.
I have no previous experience with the GSoC.
- Why are you choosing Octave?