Jump to navigation Jump to search
A: An introduction
- My name is Abdallah Khaled Elshamy, a student from Egypt. I am a hard-working person who is passionate about his work. I am a third year undergraduate student studying computer and systems engineering at faculty of engineering - Ain Shams University.
- Languages I speak: Arabic (native) and English (upper-intermediate).
- I have a good background in mathematics (ODEs, linear algebra, numerical analysis and calculus), electronic and electric circuits and computer science.
- Google summer of code is an excellent opportunity for a student like me to work with other developers on a sophisticated software that has a lot of users. I hope to become a better and more experienced developer and to hone my soft skills by collaborating with the developers/maintainers of Octave.
- I don't have any previous experience with the GSoC.
- I used octave a lot as an open-source alternative to Matlab. It was extremely helpful for me as a student.Thus, I want to help in enhancing and adding to this important project.
- Please state the (unique and identical where possible) nick you use on IRC and any other communication channel related to Octave. We really want unique nicks. You might want to bold it.
- Which time zone do you live in? Will that change over GSoC duration? Perhaps DST adjustment or a relocation. Note that both UTC and GMT are not aware of daylight saving time! Please state UTC+x or -x.
- Please state the timeframe (in UTC+0) when you feel most comfortable working during GSoC. Where are your time buffers?
- Example: I usually code around 9.00 to 18.00 and could also try to start earlier (~7.00) for few days ;-)