Template:Student application template public
Public application template
This part is answered in public on your user page. Please copy its source (edit tab) and then fill. Delete any examples and annotations (this markup) afterwards. Same for questions that do not apply to your situation.
A: An introduction
- I am Monika Shivhare, an undergraduate student at department of Electronics Enginering, Indian Institute of Technology(BHU), Varanasi. I am interested in working on project Improvements to N-dimensional image processing.
- I speak English and Hindi
- I am involved in MATLAB since 2015. I have done projects on image processing,machine learning,computational geometry.I did a summer internship with Engineering development group at MATHWORKS (May-July 2018)
- Being a final year student, It would be great oppotunity for me to contibute for Octave.This will give me a platform to work on open source and also to get guidance from mentors. I have checked previous work by the mentor of this project, Carnë Draug, and found it quite impressive. I genuinely feel that with his guidance I can make significance contribution to Octave forge Image Package.
- TimeZone: IST (UTC +5:30)
- I generally work from 08:00 to 20:00 but it can be flexible if required.
E: Coding experience
- Well versed with data structures and algorithm, I am most comfortable with C++
- I have medium level familarity with python
- I am working on m scripts since past 4 years, so comfortable with OCTAVE
- Internship with engineering development group(EDG), Mathworks Bangalore
Worked with Quality Engineering team of Simulink Design Verifier. Got a broad understanding of Simulink Design Verifier. Developed 2 tools to analyze performance of SLDV using data generated from other past developer's tools . Developed user interface of the tool and visual representations of the results. Exposure : Data structure and algorithms, MATLAB programming, report and User Interface, object oriented programming, data analysis and representation, testing, bashing,HTML.
Build a grid solving autonomous bot which moves in a dynamically changing grid taking feed from overhead camera using image processing techniques in matlab.It was under event Pixlate in Technex'16 and now a co-coordinator and a mentor of the same.
- gesture controlled image editor
Its basically a real time Gesture Recognizing Interactive Image editor tool, designed in Matlab, which has all the features of pinch zoom and rotate features for any image shown in computer screen. It implemented Image Processing for gesture segmentation and Logistic Regression for gesture recognition.It was under MOSAIC, a machine learning and image processing event of Udyam'16, the annual technical fest of Electronics Department, IIT(BHU) Varanasi.
- Operating system Ubantu 18.04 and windows 10
- Already installed octave
- Comfortable in installing any other required softwares
- Planning to implement the not yet implemented functions, divided as that for 2d images and n-diamention images in 1st and 2nd assessments.