Template:Student application template private
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A: An introduction
- Previously I have completed a diploma in Computer Science and Technology of 3 years. And currently I am in the middle of Bachelor degree in Computer Science and Engineering, right now in the 2nd year of the course.
- I mainly speak Bengali as it is my local language. Except this I am comfortable with English.
- I am still a Computer Science and Engineering student with ambitions for being a good coder develop in the future.
- I want to participate in the Google Summer of Code to mainly test myself as per the global evaluation. GSoC is the opportunity for every one who is good at coding and want to as good as they can be with it, so am I. I want to gain the knowledge how it works actually, and how it feels to wok with the world wide people and the mentor for the organizations.
- I have no experience with GSoC as registered for the first time.
- Since Octave is seems to be useful and growing day by day, so I want to be a part with it to gain my knowledge and experience. Besides I personally think that it can be great help for learners like me as well as also for experienced people using it. As it helps to understand the numerical problems and their solution to visualize, it makes it interesting and easy to understand. So, due to my interest, I want to be part of Octave.
- Basically I am new to Octave, I prefer "Bikram" as for the nick.
- I live in Kolkata,India. Time zone UTC+05:30
- I am comfortable to work around 15:00 to 23:00 it can be change as per the requirements.
E: Coding experience
- Basically I really don't have much experience working in various project. But yeah I have done lots of small programs and module of programs as required for my studies. I am pretty good at C and C++ programs. And also learnt the Matlab programs as per my interest and now I am up with your Octave.
- Beside these eventually I got to learn C, Java, Android and a few web languages like html, php, css. I have worked with a company for a few months as a Android app developer, I had to use the all the knowledge from java to develop a Android based code along with php to connect to server.
- Being in a development team always was interesting to me. It is pretty challenging and fun to work together. As I mentioned before I have got to work with a team as a Android app developer, I have written code for various module of the project. Besides that I have worked with my classmates for a few projects. We have developed a program for Linear separability problem as a final year year project. I had the opportunity to be the team leader for the final year project, I had to do my part of code as well as joining up all the codes together collecting from my team members.
- I don't have any commits and patches contributed to Octave, since I am new to this and have passed only a month learning about it.
F: Feeling fine
- I haven't used much any of these tools but gcc, turbo c, dev c for C and C++. Except that I have used other IDE for other languages like Eclipse, Matlab, Android Studio etc.
- I wish to be active in your community even after GSoC is over.
O: Only out of interest
- I have heard about Octave from a teacher of mine who usually works with Matlab. He recommended me to try out Octave. I just started to learn Octave.
- It would be helpful to know about Octave if you advertise about it in various tutorial sites not only your own but also various others too.
- I usually work with Windows Operating system.
- I can use my computer with as internet connection for the whole day if I am not off to my college.
- I would like to know about what to do and how should I do the job, after that I can work properly.
- I would like to code a proof of concept to 'see how it turns out', modifying that and taking the risk of having work thrown away if it doesn't match what the project or original proponent had in mind. Because I don't want to spoil the whole project.
Y: Your task
- I Did not select a task from your list of proposals and ideas. I could not decide one/