Template:Student application template private
Private application template
This part is only meant to be included in your application at Google Melange. Nobody needs to see your contact details in public!
A: An introduction
- Please give an idea of the timeframe you plan to be
- working on your project
- able to join our IRC channel
- Do you have other commitments for the summer period? Do you plan to take any vacations?
- If yes, when and for how long?
- Please describe your written English.
- Please state the (unique and identical where possible) nick you use on IRC and any other communication channel related to Octave.
- Please state the email address you check most regularly.
- Which time zone (UTC+-x) and country do you live in? Will that change over SoC duration (DST changes perhaps)?
- Are there instant messenger networks you regularly visit? Would you like your mentor to contact you there?
- Please decide if you would like us to have further non-public contact information of you and share them here. This is meant as absolutely last resort (total absence from internet or computer havoc for instance). It might, for instance, be a phone number with international code. It will only be shared with the mentor in case of absolute emergency and never be published!
- Do you give constructive advice? Do you receive advice ?
- Are you good at sorting useful criticisms from useless ones?
Y: Your task
- Why did you choose your particular task? What do you expect to gain from working on it?