Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is a collection of small projects to start contributing to Octave. Projects of long duration are listed in the Projects page.
Review and fix existing bugs
- Review bugs that catch your interest on the Octave bug tracker on GNU Savannah.
- A modern interface to the Octave bug tracker is given by SavannahAPI.
- Discuss with the developers there how to fix that bug or upload a patch there.
- Some bugs have already patches attached.
- Help testing those patches.
- Help updating outdated patches to the latest development version (this requires some Mercurial knowledge).
Implement missing Matlab functions
Use the Savannah patch tracker for submissions unrelated to an existing bug.
Write Built-In Self Tests (BISTs)
Writing BISTs improves Octave's regression testing and ensures that we don't break anything when we add new features.
Work on Octave packages
- Take a look at https://gnu-octave.github.io/packages/ if you would like to work on some package there.