Octave-Scilab co-simulation package
Toolbox provides the functions for variable exchange between Octave and Scilab workspaces, and for the remote commands execution in Scilab, such as starting xcos simulation. The main goal of this toolbox is to make an alternative for Simulink in Octave from Scilab xcos. But it can be also used to uses functions from Scilab toolboxes, that are unavailable for Octave.
1. Install Octave version 4.0.0 or higher and Scilab v.5.5.2 or higher
2. Install sockets package in Octave by executing
pkg install -forge -auto sockets
3. Download sci_cosim package from https://github.com/amromanov/sci_cosim
4. Install sci_cosim package in Octave by executing
pkg install -auto sci_cosim_0.1.2.tar.gz
5. Start Scilab GUI and install Toolbox Backdoor by pressing in main menu Applications → Module manager - ATOMS → Technical → Backdoor → Install
6. Restart Scilab. If every thing was done correct, after restart there will message in command window "BackDoor: listening to connections on TCP port"