Reviewing Octave Forge packages
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Help reviewing Octave-Forge packages
We need help. Here is how:
- . Pick a package at https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/
- . Copy the check-list below and fill it out, marking each box with `[ ]` with `[x]` for passed, `[n/a]` for non-applicable, `[S]` for skipped (because you cannot) and `[F]` for fails.
- . Paste your filled in check-list as a comment on the issue above
[ ] release candidate installed on latest Octave release [ ] no compiler errors or serious warnings [ ] ran all tests using runtests (including tests in the src dir) [ ] ran doctest on all functions (optional) [ ] Above steps were run on Octave versions: * ________ [provide list] [ ] Run generate_package_html [ ] no makeinfo errors and warnings during HTML build [ ] unpacked and spot-checked the generated HTML documentation [ ] NEWS file makes sense, version and date match [ ] All functions are listed in INDEX
TODO: incorporate into above list
It would be good to document common problems that reviewers can check for, things like
- INDEX is missing some new functions added
- NEWS has not been updated or is missing something big
- Version numbers or dates do not match between DESCRIPTION and NEWS
- Common makeinfo errors like "@bye seen before @end deftypefn"
- DESCRIPTION says pkg works with old Octave 4.x but it fails for me
- Obviously, compiler errors, warnings, test failures