Visual comparison of plot files from http://josoansi.de/octave_plot_compare/compare_plot_demos_01.html until compare_plot_demos_0_08.html
- Page 1: annotation .. colorbar
- Page 2: colorbar .. ezplot
- Page 3: ezplot .. legend
- Page 4: legend .. meshz
- Page 5: meshz .. quiver
- Page 6: quiver .. slice
- Page 7: slice .. trisurf
- Page 8: trisurf .. zoom
You can find the scripts which are used to create these plots in scripts/testfun/private.
- axis_09,10,11,12, 13: No XAxisLocation zero (#40588 and #48562) since Matlab R2016a now supports "origin", this should be considered as an compatibility bug
- copyobj_01: Second line, legend and marker missing
- colorbar_19: no colorbar
- hold_06: transparency?
- imshow_07: ???, gnuplot does the same as matlab...
- fill_01: Hidden edge is visible
There are a lot of gnuplot differences and it might be nice to fix those, but someone would have to take an interest. Octave is moving towards OpenGL for all plotting so most developers focuses on bug fixes for that toolkit.
The monochrome prints with 4.6 (fine with 5.0) are reported here #48832
- annotation_02: gnuplot boxes are wrong
- annotation_05: gnuplot uses dotted lines instead of solid line
- annotation_06: annotation is shifted
- area_01: legend is cutted
- axis_02: xy plot yaxis inverted
- colorbar_01: inverted colorbar
- colorbar_02: horizontally swapped colorbar
- colorbar_07: upper right colorbar is inverted
- colorbar_08: right colorbar is inverted
- colorbar_12: right colorbar is inverted
- colorbar_14: upper colorbar is inverted
- colorbar_20,21,22,23: inverted colorbar
- fill_03: no gradient
- hot_01: lower plot yaxis inverted
- shrinkfaces_02: wrong vertexes
- shrinkfaces_04: wrong vertexes
- trimesh_01: invisible lines. Qt plot is fine. #42561
Qt and gnuplot (independent of the used graphics_toolkit)
- annotation_03: currently not all "headstyle" properties implemented which matlab has
- annotation_04: ??? What's correct here?
- area_01: Different colors, white vertical lines in FLTK/Qt
- cmpermute_01: No plot
- colorbar_23: xtick unreadable. It should check the text_extent and reduce xticks if the xlabels would overlap
- colorbar_01: This is just a matter of taste but I (Andy1978) would prefer a smaller gap (only 40% of the current implementation?) between colorbar and the plot like matlab does
- bar_01: Bars heights difference between octave and matlab
Matlab errors due to incompatibilities
- axis_03: Error using axis (line 204). Unknown command option ticx.
- axis_04: Error using plot. Error in color/linetype argument.
- brighten_01: Error using axis (line 204). Unknown command option ticy.
- colorbar_19: Error using matlab.graphics.illustration.ColorBar/set. There is no yscale property on the ColorBar class.
won't fix or Octave only feature
- matlab comet3_01, comet.png: Only the beginning of the animation is printed. Matlab implements comet in a completely different way which means printing isn't really possible for them.
- matlab polar_03, polar_05: Modifying ticks for rho (rticks) and theta (tticks) is an Octave addition.
- matlab polar_04: Modifying color and text properties in polar plot is an Octave addition.
- Multiple Matlab plots with "Error in color/linetype argument". This is because adding legend keys with ";" in plot like "plot(1:10, "; a ramp;)" is an Octave only addition.