Visual comparison of plot files from http://josoansi.de/octave_plot_compare/compare_plot_demos_01.html until compare_plot_demos_0_08.html
- Page 1: annotation .. colorbar
- Page 2: colorbar .. ezplot
- Page 3: ezplot .. legend
- Page 4: legend .. meshz
- Page 5: meshz .. quiver
- Page 6: quiver .. slice
- Page 7: slice .. trisurf
- Page 8: trisurf .. zoom
You can find the scripts which are used to create these plots in scripts/testfun/private.
- axis_09,10,11,12, 13: No XAxisLocation zero (#40588 and #48562) since Matlab R2016a now supports "origin", this should be considered as an compatibility bug
- copyobj_01: Second line, legend and marker missing
- colorbar_19: no colorbar
- hold_06: transparency?
- imshow_07: ???, gnuplot does the same as matlab...
- fill_01: Hidden edge is visible
The monochrome prints are reported here #48832
- annotation_02: gnuplot boxes are wrong
- annotation_05: gnuplot uses dotted lines instead of solid line
- annotation_06: annotation is shifted
- area_01: legend is cutted
- axis_02: xy plot yaxis inverted
- colorbar_01: inverted colorbar
- colorbar_02: horizontally swapped colorbar
- colorbar_07: upper right colorbar is inverted
- colorbar_08: right colorbar is inverted
- colorbar_12: right colorbar is inverted
- colorbar_14: upper colorbar is inverted
- colorbar_20,21,22,23: inverted colorbar
- fill_03: no gradient
- hot_01: lower plot yaxis inverted
Qt and gnuplot (independent of the used graphics_toolkit)
- annotation_03: currently not all "headstyle" properties implemented which matlab has
- annotation_04: ??? What's correct here?
- area_01: Different colors, white vertical lines in FLTK/Qt
- cmpermute_01: No plot
- colorbar_23: xtick unreadable. It should check the text_extent and reduce xticks if the xlabels would overlap
- colorbar_01: This is just a matter of taste but I (Andy1978) would prefer a smaller gap (only 40% of the current implementation?) between colorbar and the plot like matlab does
Matlab errors due to incompatibilities
- axis_03: Error using axis (line 204). Unknown command option ticx.
- axis_04: Error using plot. Error in color/linetype argument.
- brighten_01: Error using axis (line 204). Unknown command option ticy.
- colorbar_19: Error using matlab.graphics.illustration.ColorBar/set. There is no yscale property on the ColorBar class.
won't fix or Octave only feature
- matlab comet3_01, comet.png: Only the beginning of the animation is printed. Matlab implements comet in a completely different way which means printing isn't really possible for them.
- matlab polar_03, polar_05: Modifying ticks for rho (rticks) and theta (tticks) is an Octave addition.
- matlab polar_04: Modifying color and text properties in polar plot is an Octave addition.
- Multiple Matlab plots with "Error in color/linetype argument". This is because adding legend keys with ";" in plot like "plot(1:10, "; a ramp;)" is an Octave only addition.