Online Developer Meeting (2021-04-27)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Date: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 @ 18:00 UTC
- Location: https://meet.jit.si/octave-dev-2021-04-27
- Meet and greet 5 minutes before meeting (audio testing).
MXE Octave branches and buildbots
String class strategy
- Strategy for transition to string class syntax (incompatible to current double-quoted character vectors in Octave)?
- Updates: https://octave.discourse.group/t/using-c-17-features/1026
- Allow using more modern C++ dialects (C++17 STL std::filesystem or boost::filesystem)?
Short introduction: SavannahAPI
- Consult professional OpenGL developer to review code Any news here?
- General agreement to spend Octave project money on this
Implement Matlabs new input validation
- jwe can create dummy tree-elements
- Problem if values are evaluated, the "right" action must be done
- Can those validation statements come at arbitrary positions or only at the beginning of the file?
Command Window Widget
Backend code improvements
- "Ditch" old UNIX system functions (e.g. popen)
- performance of symbol lookup
std::unordered_map, rather than
std::mapto increase performance (e.g. of interpreter lookups)
- Potentially implement "import" keyword? That would probably slow down symbol lookup some more.
- Replace custom reference counters with implementation using
- Some instances are more difficult to replace. jwe will post something about this on the discourse forum.
- improve HDF5 integration
- Updates: https://octave.discourse.group/t/function-reference-documentation/959/7 and bug #60313
- Split Octave manual https://octave.org/doc/latest into