Online Developer Meeting (2021-03-23)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Meet and greet 5 minutes before meeting (audio testing).
- Not only providing major releases that "fix Matlab incompatibilities".
- Great new features for a great new release.
- Code sprints.
Some idea collections so far:
- "jwe priorities" in Category:Development#Goals_for_upcoming_releases, see also JWE Project Ideas
- Bug fixes, especially those related to compatibility issues.
- Work through the open bug reports for which patches have been submitted. Review/apply/reject and close as many of these reports as possible.
- Refactor/rewrite code for handling load path.
- Refactor/rewrite exist and which functions.
- Create a low-level interface to HDF5 functions.
- Support Matlab's HDF5-based MAT file format using the proposed low-level interface to HDF5 functions.
- Allow all types of function handles to be saved and loaded.
- Allow classdef objects to be saved and loaded.
- Replace the terminal widget in the GUI, see also https://octave.discourse.group/t/new-command-window-widget/501
- Accept Matlab's new argument validation syntax in parser.
Ideas for next meeting
- Next meeting: TBA
- Last meeting: Online Developer Meeting (2020-11-10)