Online Developer Meeting (2020-11-10)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Meet and greet 5 minutes before meeting (audio testing).
The future of Octave Packages
- See also Discourse.
The package legacy in Savannah
When reporting an Octave (core) bug on https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave you are "greeted" with 1523 open bug reports of which 330 reports (22%) belong to Octave Forge packages and 240 (15%) are older than a year.
- They are not likely to be closed or worked on and leave a maintenance burden and bad impression (user requests for unmaintained packages are ignored there) back to Octave (core).
- Ignore and collect requests to infinity?
- Close bugs of inactive packages older than X years? (Drop the illusion, that someone ever will fix it.)
- Octave Forge suggests to use the Savannah Bug tracker for bug reports. Drop this announcement?
- Reopen the old Octave Forge bug tracker?
Ideas for next meeting
- Not only providing major releases that "fix Matlab incompatibilities".
- Great new features for a great new release.
- Code sprints.
- Next meeting: TBA
- Last meeting: Online Developer Meeting (2020-10-27)