Online Developer Meeting (2020-07-28)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Meet and greet 5 minutes before meeting (audio testing).
Octave 6 release status
- We should create a first release candidate (RC) Octave 6.0.90 soon. Base for discussing and working on further bug findings.
- Update gnulib before RC
- Tag some cset on stable.
- Build MS Windows binaries.
- Upload to https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave/ .
- Still hard to fix blocking bugs
- Bug with graphic handles while closing Octave (bug #58814) was reported. This happens when exit is called from a script or when directly calling exit after running the script in the CLI. How to properly handle graphics callbacks during exit?
- 32-bit MS Windows builds
- Are there breaking changes in Octave 6 to inform package maintainers? No, only deprecated functions are now removed.
- Add script to start GDB session from Octave for debugging, see Debugging Octave.
Ideas for next meeting
- Next meeting: TBA
- Last meeting: Online Developer Meeting (2020-07-07)