Online Developer Meeting (2020-07-28)
- Meet and greet 5 minutes before meeting (audio testing).
Octave 6 release status
- We should create a first release candidate (RC) Octave 6.0.90 soon. Base for discussing and working on further bug findings.
- Update gnulib before RC
- Tag some cset on stable.
- Build MS Windows binaries.
- Upload to https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave/ .
- Still hard to fix blocking bugs
- Build (RC) anyway!
- crashes during doc graphics creation seem to be fixed (bug #56952)
- still elusive crashes while running the test suite on the build bots (bug #57591) -> Maybe the broader user base of an RC can shed some light on "real-life frequency" of these crashes.
- possible background: interaction between graphics system and interpreter is different from interaction of rest of GUI with the interpreter. Possibly resolvable by a copy-on-write approach for graphics objects (postponed to Octave 7)
- Try to tackle bugs with debuggers
- valgrind slow
-fsanitize=threadin memory and faster
- Before Octave 6.1.0 release, discharge MS Windows 10 Malware Detection Systems (e.g. upload to https://www.virustotal.com/)
Ideas for next meeting
- Next meeting: TBA
- Last meeting: Online Developer Meeting (2020-07-07)