Online Developer Meeting (2020-07-07)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Meet and greet 5 minutes before meeting (audio testing).
Octave 6 release status
- We should create a first release candidate (RC) Octave 6.0.90 soon. Base for discussing and working on further bug findings.
- Update gnulib before RC
- Tag some cset on stable.
- Build MS Windows binaries.
- Upload to https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave/ .
- Still hard to fix blocking bugs
- Try to tackle bugs with debuggers
- valgrind slow
-fsanizer=threadin memory and faster
- Before Octave 6.1.0 release, discharge MS Windows 10 Malware Detection Systems (e.g. upload to https://www.virustotal.com/)
Community Infrastructure (Kai)
- Discourse for GNU Octave
- Replacement for mailing-lists (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) and https://planet.octave.org
- Badge system
- Discussions are welcome
- Max. image upload size
- Max. edit time
- See also https://octave.discourse.group/t/do-we-want-to-adopt-discourse/39
- (No time left, maybe next time)
Hosting Octave main website on "https://www.octave.org" (jwe's dreamhost.com account) rather than "https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/", see Project Infrastructure.
Ideas for next meeting
- Next meeting: TBA
- Last meeting: Online Developer Meeting (2020-06-09)