Online Developer Meeting (2020-06-09)
Octave 6 blockersEdit
- Bug #57439 function handles to private functions
- Does it cause the MS Windows slowdown? (probably yes)
- Timeline for fix? No.
- Ideas for a fix on jwe's private dev repo (link?)
- Bug #57591 crash during graphics generation / run of test suite
- Use Buildbot to track?
- Nobody knows the cause of these random, non-reproducible crashes.
- Would there be value to a development VM or other type of image to provide a standard environment?
- currently a Docker exists with the latest build for usage/testing
- if a VM, what is the minimal sized setup to make it useful/effective
- Could instructions on the Wiki provide this purpose?
- See Building on Microsoft Windows.
- WSL and instructions might provide a development path for MS Windows users.
- If instructions are enough, would instructions for a user to get and setup a VM or WSL enough to remove need to host a VM?
Ideas for next meetingEdit
- Test audio 5 minutes before meeting.