Debug plotting issues
THIS PAGE IS A STUB
- Octave version: Execute 'ver' in Octave and copy the first 5 lines verbatim. If you are on Windows please mention which build (MinGW, Cygwin, MXE, Visual Studio see http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Microsoft_Windows) and where you got it (download from http://sourceforge.net/, http://mxeoctave.osuv.de/ or have you build it yourself?).
- Operating system:
- Windows: Is it XP 32bit or 64bit? Windows 7 or 8?
- GNU/Linux: Have you installed Octave using your package system (apt-get, yum..) or compiled from source tarball?
- If you get a warning on startup, for example "warning: function xyz.m shadows a built-in function" please copy it verbatim
- If you get an error message, please copy the message verbatim
I can't plot or print or the output doesn't look as expected
Please create a simple, as small as possible example which shows the problem so others can reproduce the problem on their system and help you. Upload a screenshot (together with the script) if you can't describe it with words.
- Sometimes the figure on the screen visually differs from the file generated with "print". If this is the case please mention this and consider adding a screenshot of the figure window together with the generated print.
- Which toolkit are you using? Execute 'graphics_toolkit' in octave to query it. Common toolkits are 'fltk' or 'gnuplot'. Consider switching to another available toolkit (see available_graphics_toolkits) and try it there. You have to execute (for example switch to gnuplot) 'graphics_toolkit gnuplot' before any plotting command.
- Which Ghostscript version? Is it a 32 or 64bit build? Please add URL to download. If 64bit under Windows see http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Microsoft_Windows#Printing_.28installing_Ghostscript.29
printing with gnuplot
and attach the generated octave-print-commands.log, debug message and testplot.eps.
printing with fltk
A common problem is that printing with fltk only works if the figure is visible, see 
some Windows issues
- A user had problems printing with fltk in windows. After he updated the graphic drivers the problem was gone. http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Problem-with-Print-under-Octave-3-8-1-under-windows-tp4664755.html