Octave Forge is a community project for collaborative development of GNU Octave extensions, called "Octave packages". If you have a large package that you want to open up to collaborative development, or a couple of m-files that you want to contribute to an existing package, Octave Forge is the place to do it. Tiny helper functions (the equivalent of e.g., shell aliases) should go in the Tips and tricks page.
You can find the list of packages on the Octave Forge website. The recommended method for package installation is using your system package manager, see also the FAQ for the most common issues. The official Windows Installer bundles several packages so they don't have to be installed separately.
To install a package from the Octave Forge, at the Octave prompt type
pkg install -forge package_name. This requires an internet connection.
If you use a very old Octave version (< 3.4.0), you'll have to download the package file manually, and use
pkg install package_file_name.tar.gz.
List of packages
- arduino package Control arduino devices from Octave
- bim package Solve Partial Differential Equations with a Finite Element method
- Control package
- CGI Common Gateway Interface for Octave
- Dataframe package cell arrays on steroids
- Dicom package
- fem-fenics Interface to FEnics FEM library
- Geometry package
- Image package
- Image acquisition package Capture images, for example from v4l2 hardware like webcams
- Instrument control package
- Interval package Real-valued interval arithmetic
- I/O package
- Java package
- Mechanics package
- ncArray High-level interface of accessing a single or a collection of NetCDF files as a multi-dimensional array
- netcdf matlab-compatible NetCDF package
- octcdf NetCDF package (old)
- OCS package Octave Circuit Simulator
- optiminterp Optimal interpolation
- Parallel package
- Sockets package
- Symbolic package
- TISEAN package
- Video package
- Scilab co-simulation package
- Zeromq package Zeromq bindings for Octave.
Pages in category "Octave Forge"
The following 35 pages are in this category, out of 35 total.