- This page contains links to pages of interest to Octave developers.
- Developer FAQ -- Start here.
- Contribution guidelines for Octave
- Building -- General information how to build Octave from source.
- Continuous Build -- Check changes with Buildbot.
- MXE -- Cross-compiling to MS Windows.
- Large array support --
- Mercurial -- How to use Octave's version control scheme, creating patches (changesets).
- Doxygen -- Documentation for C++ files
- ccache -- How to faster compile Octave.
- Editors -- A list of editors supporting Octave syntax highlighting.
- Debugging Octave -- How to use gdb to obtain stack traces.
- Finding Memory Leaks -- How to use valgrind.
- The next release will be GNU Octave 6.1. See the 6.1 Release Checklist for more information.
- Older releases
Goals for upcoming releases
As discussed in the developer meeting on 2020/10/27, this wiki section is for a list of possible goals for the next release. Although anyone may edit the wiki, this page is intended for active developers, not a place to dump wishlist items or feature requests. Please create a subsection for your ideas/prioirities.
- Bug fixes, especially those related to compatibility issues.
- Work through the open bug reports for which patches have been submitted. Review/apply/reject and close as many of these reports as possible.
- Create a low-level interface to HDF5 functions.
- Support Matlab's HDF5-based MAT file format using the proposed low-level interface to HDF5 functions.
- Allow all types of function handles to be saved and loaded.
- Allow classdef objects to be saved and loaded.
See also JWE Project Ideas for additional info about some of these items.
Project ideas and work in progess
- Short projects -- Good starting point to get into the Octave development.
- Summer of Code Project Ideas -- Ideas page for GSoC, SOCIS, ... projects.
- Projects -- Many things that would be nice to have done.
- Read about past developer meetings.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Development"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.