Bug Fix List - 3.8 Release
The following bugs must be fixed prior to release. See also the Release 3.8 goals.
<strike> ... </strike>
to cross an item off the list when it has been done. Sign up for a bug by filling in the Owner field so people won't duplicate each other's work.
Bugs marked Configuration and Build System
Owner: jwe #40422 build and cli-version of octave not working with LC_NUMERIC=de_DE.UTF-8
- Owner: ??? #40381 MXE / MinGW - setenv does not work correctly
Owner: rik #40366 defaults for JIT Owner: ??? #40358 Octave Java classes missing on 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04 Owner: ??? #40356 Please ship an AppData file upstream Owner: jwe #40321 MXE / MinGW - mkoctfile fails (& doesn't pick up compile flags)
- Owner: ??? #40273 'sed' is used even if a different value for 'SED' is specified during configure
- Owner: ??? #40252 Make GUI compatible with both Qt4 and Qt5
- Owner: ??? #40111 Support runtime selection of Java version on Linux and Unix systems
- Owner: ??? #39856 Cannot compile an Oct-File in Windows 7 64 or Vista 64 oct file
Owner: rik #39465 configure needs jvm.dll for Windows builds Owner: ??? #39454 Fix building core Java support for MinGW builds
- Owner: ??? #39446 MXE-Octave: LAPACK build mixes MinGW and MSVC
- Owner: ??? #38928 confugure -> hdf5 doesn't handle path through
- Owner: ??? #38776 Tests in private functions cannot be tested directly
Owner: ??? #38351 mkoctfile -p returns wrong flags on mingw.
- WON'T FIX FOR 3.8
Owner: ??? #36943 documentation not built without gnuplot
- WON'T FIX FOR 3.8
Owner: ??? #36524 Upgrade defun macro to accept non-double-quoted string for DOCSTRING
- Owner: ??? #36477 use XDG dirs instead of HOME
Owner: rik #36064 MAGICK_X extra flags are shadowed by system CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS Owner: rik #35207 add gl2ps to the configure script
- Owner: ??? #34301 Can't compile oct files using gcc -fvisibility=hidden option
- Owner: ??? #34169 Support -f compiler flags in mkoctfile
Bugs with severity >= 4
- Owner:??? #40350 pager does not work on MacOSX
Owner:??? #40312 GUI asks to reload a saved file
- Owner:??? #40242 FLTK + GUI = crash on MacOSX
Owner:rik #40246 OpenGL should test data and abort plot if range > float range Owner:jwe #33304 power operator precedence and direction
Bugs marked as regressions
- Owner:jwe #40397 Scope is not changed with dbup / dbdown in debug mode
Owner:??? #40347 figure () fails when called from script file Owner:jwe #40342 help "FolderName" to print Contents.m files does not work properly.
- Owner:??? #40333 print with legend modifies axis position
Owner:??? #40301 MinGW/MXE - urlwrite won't load, but urlread does. Owner:rik #40260 edit_history doing run_history instead
- Owner:??? #40256 gnuplot - datetick doesn't remove previous X-grid, -ticks & labels
Owner:rik #39925 imagesc crash Plotting with OpenGL Owner:??? #39524 m-file profiler returning inaccurate first line
- Owner:??? #38236 invoking script in demo block to define variables causes errors
- Owner:??? #37672 GUI doesn't react to CTRL+C
Owner:rik #37410 image.m has a wrong check for linearly-spaced x and y Owner:jwe #31287 Certain assignments of empty arrays give errors (Matlab incompatibility)
Bugs marked as Crash
It would be nice to fix these, but they don't require resolution before the release.
Owner:rik #40308 segfault on plot with colorbar Owner:dbateman #40305 real (sparse (2i)) creates bad internally formatted sparse matrix Owner:carandrag #40267 imread ('default.img') causes segfault
- Owner:??? #40121 Using dbquit from within a callback causes a segfault
Owner:??? #40068 Crashing when calling imread
- Owner:??? #40044 *** glibc detected *** gnuplot: double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x08d72878 ***
- Owner:??? #39587 Assertion failure with profexplore after profile erroneous use: Assertion `active_fcn != call_tree' failed.
- Owner:??? #39586 Assertion failure with profexplore valid use: Assertion `fcn_id == fcn' failed.
- Owner:??? #39273 lu SIGSEGV when used with 2 output variables with --enable-64
Owner:mappel #38789 segfault on exit after failing to load HDF5 file Owner:??? #38616 memory leak in regexprep
- Owner:??? #38584 setting linestyle to "none" for fill object causes error (gnuplot)
- Owner:??? #38305 file dialog causes crash
- Owner:??? #38280 imfinfo() crashes on 64 bit, but not 32 bit builds
Owner:??? #37928 GUI crashes with french locale Owner:rik #37927 set (gcf, "parent", gcf) -> seg-fault Owner:rik #37750 segfault with 'set(gca, "parent", gca)'
- Owner:??? #37344 GUI Octave freezes when plotting is used with OpenBLAS
- Owner:??? #37205 running JIT tests with valgrind: possible memory issues and segfault
- Owner:??? #36067 bug in exist() when checking for a faulty mex/oct file
Owner:rik #35687 crash with axes("position", )
- Owner:??? #33296 calling "keyboard" function through "builtin" function appears to enter in an infinite loop
Owner:mtm #32176 infinite loop if PS1 contains deleted current directory