* Why do you want to participate in the Google Summer of Code? What do you hope to gain by doing so?
Google Summer of Code is an excellent opportunity to contribute to large
projects and to make contribution to real world projects which are used in daily life by people belonging to various backgrounds.
** Please also describe your previous experience with the GSoC, if any. ''Includes any community-bonding, mentor experience or application, not necessarily accepted. We use this subquestion to identify which students are unfamiliar with how the program goes, providing further support. It has no negative impact on your rating!''
I don’t have any previous experience with
GSOC. I am a newbie!! I heard about it through my college mates and read about it. I got interested in the program and so went forward in participating in it.
* Why are you choosing Octave?
I have chosen Octave because I have recently had the opportunity to implement and execute some methods of numerical methods in Octave and have worked in Matlab as well.
== C: Contact ==
* Which time zone do you live in? Will that change over GSoC duration? ''Perhaps DST adjustment or a relocation. Note that both UTC and GMT are not aware of daylight saving time! Please state UTC+x or -x.''
* Please state the timeframe (in UTC+0) when you feel most comfortable working during GSoC. Where are your time buffers?
''Example: I usually code around 9 .00 to 18 .00 and could also try to start earlier ( ~7.00) for few days ;-) ''
== E: Coding experience ==
This part is one of the more important ones in your application. You are allowed to be as verbose as you want, as long as you stay on topic ;-)
* Please describe your experience with C++, Octave or Matlab m-scripts, OpenGL and Qt.
C++: I have good understanding of C++ and have implemented various programs in C++ practising the basic and important concepts.
Matlab: I worked on “A Novel Framework for Medical Images by CBIR”, a research based project based on image retrieval, focusing on three parameters (color, texture and shape).
Octave: I have used Octave to implement and execute the various methods of '''Numerical Methods and errors and approximations'''.
* Please describe your experience with other programming languages.
Yes, I have heard about it before.
** If so, when and where? How far have you been involved already?
have heard it some time back in my previous semester when I was using Matlab. But now as part of my training semester, it's here that I am using it. I been using it from past two months.
** If not, where would you expect or advise us to do advertising?
Specially in the academic institutions and similar places where science and mathematics play a great role.
* What was the first question concerning Octave you could not find an answer to rather quickly? ''Of course more than one question can be stated. We try to improve based on this each year! Includes learning how to use it, code, website, GSoC application, …''
== P: Prerequisites ==