== About Me ==
I am a user, developer, and advocate of GNU Octave. I started using
GNUOctave around May 2007 while working on my MSEE. I started submittingbugs and working on Octave in February 2012, mainly to fix somecompilation problems I had with the newest version on an older Red HatEnterprise 5 .2 system I use at work. One thing led to another and I amnow learning my way around the code base, helping to fix bugs, test,etc.
My main areas of interest within Octave are
stability and consistency of user experience, portability, particularly to different versions of GNU/Linux and Unix, and the [[Signal package|signal processing]] and [[Communications package|communications]] packages. My primary development environment is Debian GNU/Linux.
I am involved in packaging and testing Octave for both the Debian and Ubuntu distributions. I am a member of the [http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ DebianOctaveGroup Debian Octave Group] and the [https://launchpad.net/~octave Ubuntu Octave Team].
I can be found on [https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#octave #octave]as
My editor of choice is [[VIM|Vim]].
might be useful.
* Update the default oct-file template in edit.m to reflect current best practices and recommended coding style.
* Create a complete Vim environment with [[User:Rik]]'s syntax highlighting rules, indenting, if-end keyword matching, function block jumping, etc.
* Update pygments syntax highlighting for Octave if needed.
* Apply [[User:Oheim]]'s custom css for the interval package to the communications package
manual, or to the Octave core manual.
* Make a static m-file format/style analyzer, a la pep8, that can help users teach themselves GNU Octave style conventions.
* Adapt Debian packaging to operate on a clean hg clone, add build-deps (bison, flex, gperf), build package from any hg revision
** Should any of this be applied to the official Debian packaging?
* Query the terminal size directly from the terminal instead of readline as a fallback. Also allow COLUMNS and LINES to override terminal size.
== Octave Work ==
* [https://bitbucket.org/mtmiller mtmiller] on Bitbucket
* [https://github.com/mtmiller mtmiller] on GitHub
alioth.debian.org /users/mtmiller mtmiller] on Alioth
* [https://launchpad.net/~mtmiller mtmiller] on Launchpad