== C: Contact ==
* Please state the (unique and identical where possible) nick you use on IRC and any other communication channel related to Octave. ''We want unique nicks. You might want to bold it.''
Github:<b>akshit0201</b> Octave:<b>The Brainiac</b> Freenode:<b>The_brainiac</b>
* Which time zone do you live in? Will that change over GSoC duration? ''Perhaps DST adjustment or a relocation. Note that both UTC and GMT are not aware of daylight saving time! Please state UTC+x or -x.''
I live in UTC+5:30, this summer I'll be in UTC+4.
* Please describe your experience with C++, Octave or Matlab m-scripts, OpenGL and Qt.
I've been coding in C++ for the past 4 years. I was introduced to the Standard Template Library last year and have been using that ever since. C++ was also the first language that I learned and I code in it almost every day.
Octave was the second language and I've
created thousands of m-scripts. I love modular programming and create a separate m-script for every function that I use. I've implemented many Machine Learning algorithms in Octave like Neural Networks (for object recognition), K-Means (for optimizing), SVM's(for classification) and more.
My experience in OpenGL is limited to my programming lab assignments in which I had to create basic shapes using OpenGL. I've no experience in Qt
* Please describe your experience with other programming languages.
I recently developed a flappy bird program. I learned the key concept of "Finite State Machine" on which games run. According to this concept every object in the game is stored in a stack and with changing event push and pops are made to alter the stack. My role in this project was that of programmer and debugger.
* Please state the commits and patches you already contributed to Octave. ''This question (one of the most important parts by the way) is the only part of your application our wiki admins will edit for you even after the application deadline. Code sometimes speaks louder than many words do.''
== F: Feeling fine ==
I've used IRC. and I've sent mails using mailing lists.
** Mercurial or other source code management systems
use GitHub extensively. My repo: https://github.com/akshit0201/Game-Dev.git
** Mediawiki or other wiki software
Wikipedia is the only MediaWiki software I've used.
* What will make you actively stay in our community after this GSoC is over? ''You can also tell us after applications close and we'll happily try to fulfill :-)''
Veteran developers shouldn't dismiss pull requests by budding developers without due consideration. A more welcome environment will definitely make me contribute more.
== O: Only out of interest == * Did you ever hear about Octave before? ** If so, when and where? How far have you been involved already? ** If not, where would you expect or advise us to do advertising? * What was the first question concerning Octave you could not find an answer to rather quickly? ''Of course, more than one question can be stated. We try to improve based on this each year! Includes learning how to use it, code, website, GSoC application, …''
== P: Prerequisites ==
* Please describe the degree to which you can install new software on computers you have access to.
As long as the new software doesn' t cost more than 50 dollars I wouldn't mind installing it.
== S: Self-assessment ==
** If yes, what task did you choose? Please describe what part of it you especially want to focus on if you can already provide this information. ''Please also wiki-link the page for your elaborated proposal here.''
I chose PolarAxes and Plotting Improvements. I want to focus on developing PolarAxes as an object first and then I'll be focusing on adding aesthetic features like Thetacolor, RLim, and RDir etc.
* Please provide a roughly estimated timeline for your work on the task. ''This should include the GSoC midterms and personal commitments like exams or vacation ("non-coding time"). If possible, include two or three milestones you expect.''
[[Category: Summer of Code]]
2nd week of May -Start Coding,1st week of April-PolarAxis object is created,3rd week of April-Debugging complete,4th Week of April-Noncoding time, 2nd week of June-aesthetic features like fontsize,fontcolor, etc are added,1st week of July-M files are created to access the PolarAxes object,4th week of July-Debugging complete, 2nd week of August-Code submission.