This page contains links to pages of interest to developers
. Some links appear in multiple sections.
* [[Developer FAQ]]
* [[Contribution guidelines]] for Octave
** [[C++ style guide]]
** [[Octave style guide]]
* [[Contributing to the development of packages/modules]]
* [[Octave's file types]]
* [[Easy projects]]
suggestions==* [[ Easy projects]]* [[ GSoC Project Ideas]]* [[Projects]] -- Many things that would be nice to have done. Not classified into things done or not done in Matlab. (Is that a project in itself?)
* [[Mercurial]] -- version control scheme. * [[MXE]] -- cross-compiling to Windows or OSX. * [[Doxygen]] -- "Literate programming" documentation generator.
* gdb -- debugger. Useful to obtain stack traces.
* valgrind -- memory leak detector, profiler etc.
* [https://ccache.samba.org/ ccache] -- cache compilation across builds.
Bugs and testing== * [[ Status of bugs]] * [[Bug Fix List - 4.0 Release]] * [[Debugging Octave]], particularly using .oct files and gdb * [[Finding Memory Leaks]]* [[ Add BIST tests for octave functions written in C++]]
* [[BIST for m-files]]
Works in Progress== * [[ Classdef]]* [[ Java interface]]* [[ JIT]]
* [[2015 Code Sprint]]
* [[Code sprint Zurich]]
* [[Release Checklist]]
* [[Project Infrastructure]]