Reviewing Octave Forge packages
(Redirected from Reviewing Octave-Forge packages)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The reviewing procedure in short:
- Pick a package at https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/
- Copy the check-list below and fill it out, marking each box:
[x]for successfully passed
[ ]for not done / error (please give below the checklist a brief reason)
- Paste your filled in check-list as a comment on the issue above
- An Octave Forge Admin will try to look over your review and hopefully release the package.
# Repository / Metadata - [ ] release commit/changeset specified and present in repository - [ ] `generate_package_html` / `make html` works without errors and warnings - [ ] generated HTML documentation looks sane # pkg-tool runs without errors or warnings - [ ] `pkg install foo` - [ ] `pkg load foo` - [ ] `pkg unload foo` - [ ] `pkg uninstall foo` - Above steps were run on Octave and OS versions: - ________ - ________ # Package tests - [ ] ran `pkg test foo` - [ ] ran `doctest` # Package files in release candidate tarball - [ ] `DESCRIPTION` version and release date updated - [ ] `DESCRIPTION` minimum Octave tested - [ ] `DESCRIPTION` all dependencies are listed - [ ] `NEWS` version and date match - [ ] `NEWS` big changes announced - [ ] `INDEX` all (new) functions are listed - [ ] version numbers in help text and function body (e.g., banners) updated - [ ] license specifications in help text and function body agree `licensecheck -r` - [ ] file permissions are readable/executable by all users - [ ] junk files are removed (hidden dot files, backup files, results of configure runs, etc.) - [ ] (optional if present) `src/configure.ac` version updated
- Upload release tarball to Individual Package Releases
- Update https://octave.sourceforge.io/
- How to access the Octave Forge webspace SourceForge help.