Difference between revisions of "Online Developer Meeting (2020-07-07)"

From Octave
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (→‎Todays topics: Add bug numbers)
Line 31: Line 31:
 
* [https://octave.discourse.group/ Discourse for GNU Octave]
 
* [https://octave.discourse.group/ Discourse for GNU Octave]
 
** Replacement for mailing-lists (help@octave.org and maintainers@octave.org) and https://planet.octave.org
 
** Replacement for mailing-lists (help@octave.org and maintainers@octave.org) and https://planet.octave.org
*** '''TODO:''' Advertise on Octave homepage and announce on mailing-lists
+
*** '''TODO:''' <strike>Advertise on Octave homepage</strike> and announce on mailing-lists
 
** Badge system
 
** Badge system
 
** Discussions are welcome
 
** Discussions are welcome
*** '''TODO:''' Max. image upload size???
+
*** Max. image upload size: (Yes) There is not a restriction in the file size, but in the megapixels <code>max image megapixels = 40</code> and dimension <code>max image width = 690</code>, <code>max image height = 500</code>.
*** '''TODO:''' Max. edit time???
+
*** Max. edit time: Yes, there is <code>editing grace period = 300</code> seconds, but admins can edit any post.
 
** See also https://octave.discourse.group/t/do-we-want-to-adopt-discourse/39
 
** See also https://octave.discourse.group/t/do-we-want-to-adopt-discourse/39
 
* (No time left, maybe next time) <strike>Hosting Octave main website on "https://www.octave.org" (jwe's dreamhost.com account) rather than "https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/", see [[Project Infrastructure]].
 
* (No time left, maybe next time) <strike>Hosting Octave main website on "https://www.octave.org" (jwe's dreamhost.com account) rather than "https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/", see [[Project Infrastructure]].

Revision as of 01:30, 8 July 2020

Todays topics

  • Meet and greet 5 minutes before meeting (audio testing).

Octave 6 release status

  • We should create a first release candidate (RC) Octave 6.0.90 soon. Base for discussing and working on further bug findings.
  • Still hard to fix blocking bugs
    • Build (RC) anyway!
    • crashes during doc graphics creation
    • graphics system behaves different from rest of GUI (copy on write issues?)
    • calling script from nested functions (bug #58691 fixed)
    • empty list creation if one element is not assigned (bug #58686 not a blocker)
  • Try to tackle bugs with debuggers
    • valgrind slow
    • -fsanitize=thread in memory and faster

Community Infrastructure (Kai)

Ideas for next meeting

Topic suggestions

See also